Monday, June 9, 2014

What's Up?

Every once in a while someone contacts me via email or phone to discuss articles on this site or full preterism in general. Recently, a fellow from Alabama contacted me and we spoke on the phone for about 30 minutes. He expressed how the idea that the Olivet Discourse (Mt 24/Mk 13/Lk 21) is really about the soon/at hand/about to be COMING to the Father/Ancient of Days (Dan 7:13-15) was very helpful to him.

What I find so impressive about how the Lord works is that this idea wasn't something I contrived. It isn't some new "ism" I am trying to push. This has been the most common interpretation of the Destruction of AD70 Temple and Jerusalem...that Jesus was COMING to the Father in a display of Christ's vindication/glorification.  It had nothing to do with "returning" or "coming BACK".  It is here where both the Full Prets and the Dispensationalists get it wrong.  As a matter of fact, the fellow and I discussed how Full Prets merely imploy the Dispensationalist interpretation yet restrict it to AD70.

Before we concluded our discussion, the fellow told me how before he even knew how much Full Prets hate me, he posted something I wrote and asked them to comment on it.  They refused and told him that if he wants to have conversations with them, he better not bring up my name or stuff I write.  This is slightly hilarious and simply shows how the Full Prets cannot abide with someone from their own ranks speaking against their views.

No comments: