Friday, December 27, 2013

Heresy Threat Assessment

In my line of work I have been issued a Security Threat Assessment or an STA number. Supposedly there was some criteria to determine how much potential threat to national security I might or might not be, thus allowing me to enter certain secure areas of the facility where I work.

What if there was an assessment that determined how likely your faith might be susceptible to heresy? I've designed a 10 question "test" to help gauge this susceptibility or "threat" to your faith. The questions come from years of interacting with heretical groups and even having been part of the heresy of hyperpreterism for some time. Had someone helped me to understand how to avoid heresy, rather than just telling me to obey a pastor, I might have never gone into hyperpreterism. However, being a "predestinarianistic" Christian, I believe even so-called "bad" things happen for a reason. Without this experience, I most likely would not have been able to develop this test much less even understand what people go through to fall into heresy.

Simply answer all 10 questions with either AGREE or DISAGREE. Do not over think the statement. Then press the SUBMIT button and your HTA-Heresy Threat Assessment will be displayed. The higher the number, the more likely you could fall into a heresy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice Survey, I got 3 on the HTA. I don't know where did I go wrong, haha. Anyway here's my answers:

I believe in Sola Scriptura


I believe the "Roman Catholic" Church (not the whole Christianity) has mainly suppressed the truth.


Although there are probably man-made errors in the Bible.
I believe that God himself promised
to preserve his words


Miracles in the Bible are REAL some might be exaggerations to make a point, but I believe they really did happened like The "Parting of the Red Sea"


There are probably books missing from our current translations that should be included. "Is it not written in the book of Jasher" (Joshua 10:12–13)-but like what I've said God is sovereign, it was left out because God wills it not necessary in his "Grand Design"


Books like the Gospel of Thomas should be included as Biblical as the 4 Gospels. - I'm not sure about this, but it might be a forgery or a Gnostic Manuscript, also the 4 faithful, trustworthy and Godly witnesses (Mathew, Mark, Luke, John) is enough to let us now everything there is about Salvation. Why need another Gospel?


While being a nice person is necessary, its not the basis of Truth to judge the organization, It's still Theology and Doctrine that matters in judging them, We are warned by God against superficiality, and it can be used to deceive. "Wolves in sheep's clothing" and "Satan masquerading as an Angel of Light". I've met some nice Jehovah's Witnesses and a Church of Christ member, doesn't mean what they believe is True. The Biblical Doctrine is the Standard NOT the person.


Jesus' main message was that we should be at peace with our neighbors and "To live peaceably with all men". But he also said he came to bring a sword, that his household will be against Him that follow Christ


It's not important to go to church IF your going to the wrong Church week after week (cough* "Restorationist Church of Christ" cough*)But if your going to the Church where it agreed to the creeds of Historic Christianity and observes the basic biblical tenets, then it is virtually important "Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching - (Hebrews 10:25)

Same as above
Denominations are always a bad thing if it's a Heretic Denomination (*cough* International Preterist Association* Cough) nevertheless God uses Rightful Christian Denominations to Advance his Kingdom.


Latly I just want to add something, You might have asked: Jesus will come again a second time Bodily in a Gloried State the same manner he was taken Up in the Clouds to put an end to the old order of things? - I'm sure about a seasoned heretic answering against the "very" So Obvious.
lol

Agree or disagree. ;)