Tuesday, November 28, 2017

Dee Dee Warren and the Preterist Podcast

Someone emailed me inquiring about old podcasts from "Dee Dee Warren". As you may recall, Dee Dee was THE lone watchman...uh woman at the gate against Full/Hyperpreterism in the early 1990s. She was unrelenting and even took on hypocrites.

Eventually, in about 2007 when I left the Full Preterist movement, Dee Dee invited me to join her "ministry".  At first, we were peas-in-a-pod when it came to our no-holds-barred, almost Martin-Lutherian, Trumpian style where we didn't let snarky, sneaky "leaders" within the movement get away with the crap they were dishing out.



But at some point, Phil Naessens and compromiser Ken Talbot buddied up to Dee Dee. She had worked alone for so long, I don't think she knew how to handle all this new attention and smooth talking she was getting from these folks, Talbot promised her the same "mentor" and seminary benefits he promised me, until I no longer went along with his hypocritical support of  at-the-time, most prolific full preterist conference circuit speaker; Sam Frost.  This caused a rift between Dee Dee and I.  I didn't change. I was still as bombastic as Dee Dee was originally until she was sweet talked into throwing me under the bus and heaping on me all the disdain of the movement AND it's fake detractors. (After all, Talbot and many of these supposed "anti-preterists" were at-the-time, calling full preterists; "brothers").

Anyhow, I've always felt bad how Talbot and his pals destroyed Dee Dee's ministry then helped destroy her life. I hope she has recovered and moved on.

The email inquiry wanted to know where to listen to old Preterist Podcasts from Dee Dee. As you know, her site and the podcast site are gone. She liked Apple and iTunes a lot so it's possible the podcasts are archived there somewhere? I found a link to at least the names:
http://freeair.viaway.com/category/0-66251/the-preterist-podcast-100-heresy-free?open=1 Wow! she did over 100 podcasts.

P.S.  I see Full Preterist Ed Stevens has a podcast by a similar name :-)

No comments: