Saturday, September 17, 2011

Hyperpreterism's Latest Trophy

The hyperpreterist movement is always seeking a "big name" that will help validate them and carry them into "mainstream".  They thought they were going to get this from Gary DeMar or R.C. Sproul, or Hank Hanegraaf.
The latest "trophy" is a man named, Frank Speer.  Watch hyperpreterist Mike Loomis interview Mr. Speer.

UPDATE; Hyperpret Mike Loomis made it so I can't display the video on this site.  This just goes to show you what kind of people these are.  They are afraid to be assessed and will do everything to hide their true intent.  You can still view the video by clicking the link at the bottom of the video box.


The Journey with Frank Speer-09.14.2011 from michael j loomis on Vimeo.

Mr. Speer, of course Loomis and the other hyperprets are going to be "supportive -- they want you to help validate their heresy.

Here  is the text of an email I sent to Mr. Speer.




Hello Mr. Speer,
I just listened to your interview with Mike Loomis and read the bio listed on AD70.net.
As you may know, I was a "full preterist" for 15 years.  Note I said WAS.
First, let me say I started my outreach to you with prayer; prayer that you will be open to hear what someone who as been on your "journey" before you has to say.

I noticed that in your bio you said: 

"That led me on an internet expedition that brought me to quite a number of Preterist websites. I was gluttonous. Over the next 6 months I devoured everything I could get my eyes on from The Parousia by Russell to Alan Bondar’s Through New Covenant Eyes. Chilton, Hill, Preston, Simmons, Mills, Perriman, King, Bray and more!" -- http://ad70.net/meet-frank-speerwho-is-this-guy
Notice something missing from your study/journey??? There are no voices from the OTHER SIDE.  What about Mathison, Wilson, Warren, or myself?  Have you read any of our stuff and why we have rejected "hyperpreterism" as a true heresy???

I would be eager in discussing this with you.

Further, don't you think it hypocritical of Tyndale.edu to allow you to continue to obtain a CHRISTIAN degree when you do NOT hold to their basic doctrinal statements? [UPDATE: I received an email from the president of Tyndale.edu assuring me it does not give degrees to people who do not subscribe to their statement of faith.  Unlike Whitefield Theological Seminary which knowingly enrolls and gives "minister" degrees to hyperpreterists (source)]

"We believe that the next great event in the fulfillment of prophecy will be the coming of the Lord in the air to receive to Himself into heaven both His own who are alive and remain unto His coming, and also all who have fallen asleep in Jesus, and that this event is the blessed hope set before us in the Scripture, and for this we should be constantly looking." -- http://tyndale.edu/about/doctrine/

It is important to understand that Christianity is a community, a collective.  Jesus didn't come to found a bunch of radical individualists.  He hand-picked apostles, who ordained elders, who minister to congregations.  When you experienced the difficult issue of falling into heresy/erroneous doctrine, instead of having the dedication to the community to take the lumps, you ran away.  Sure, it would have been difficult on your family but what you are doing will destroy your family -- I tell you this from experience.  While you assume that you are now "free" from "traditionalism" and the "dead church"; have you considered you are now part of a cult?  I mean, look there is a reason Mormons and JWs go door to door; looking for weak or disenfranchised Christians.  Sure, Loomis, Stevens and the others are going to "welcome" you into the movement -- you are their new trophy.  Mr. Speer, I'm not saying this from bitterness or to be rude.  I know these men.  I have a 15+ year history with them.  Do you notice how Mike spent a lot of time talking about himself and what he is doing, rather than what you're saying??  Hyperpreterism, by nature is arrogant and self-serving.  Look, to believe hyperpreterism a person MUST believe God either was unable or unwilling to sustain the basic understanding of truth for over 2000 years.  That basically, what we have considered Christianity has been a fraud until along comes the hyperpreterists in the 1990s.  Do you really believe this Mr. Speer?

For now, I ask you to be prayerful, slow down and consider what you are doing.
Let's talk more.
http://unpreterist.blogspot.com
http://thekingdomcome.com

No comments: